Re: Help with xxgdb and XtOverrideTranslations()

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:18:09PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

> I'm working on bug #130199. I recently adopted xxgdb which was
> rebuilt some time ago against new libxaw7 and xlibs by QA group.
>
> Potato (same orig sources) was good with old libs.
> Current testing/unstable has this weird problem with backspace.
> So my suspect is that some defaults are changed
> or additional checks are now done.
>
> I see the problem is dialog.c file where XtOverrideTranslations()
> is used to load some resources.
>
> I see
>
> Ctrl<Key>H:     InsertSpace()delete-previous-character()\n\
> <Key>Delete:    InsertSpace()delete-previous-character()\n\
> <Key>BackSpace:    InsertSpace()delete-previous-character()\n\
>
> I cannot find any reference about Xt standard action
> delete-previous-character(), which seems definitively not working now.
> I also skipped those InsertSpace(), without results.
>
> If I found a description of that function, I could emulate or substitute
> it... Hints? Pointers?
>
> PS: There is no more an upstream. xxgdb is frozen since 1995.

Ok. I wrote a new function DeleteChar() for manage all things correctly.
Also DeleteWord() and DeleteLine() functions worked no more correctly.
Apparently this is a change in Xaw or Xt API. I'm not an expert of
X11 toolkit programming. My suspect is that other programs will have
the same problem soon, if they were based on default action.

Hey, is there any Xaw/Xt expert over there?

--
Francesco P. Lovergine