Re: Some questions to the release manager

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 09:26:54PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> I've Cc'ed debian-devel [...]

...for the same reason everyone Cc's -devel, to make a great fun exciting
debate about it.

> 1. It's not predictable when packages will be removed from testing
> Packages with RC bugs like armagetron or elastic are removed without any
> warning at more or less random time.

This is the only one of your opinions that's remotely like a question,
so I'll answer it as though you'd written "When will packages be removed
from testing?". You should expect any package with any RC bug to be
removed from testing at any time, once it's been noticed. Packages with
release critical bugs are not suitable for use, by definition.

If you want Debian to release with some particular packages, make sure
they're packaged in a releasable state. It's not particularly complicated.

ObBug: 120597, 127546

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/