Re: Autobuilders and Hurd

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 11:09:49AM +0100, Michael R. Schwarzbach wrote:
> Is there a howto for crossbuilding a mach-kernel from e.g. linux?
> I haven't found one yet. This would be very helpfull for many people
> having problems booting the hurd.

It's the kernel, it is statically linked an in ELF format.  As long as you
are cross compiling it from GNU/Linux, you just have to trick the configure
script in thinking it is building on GNU/Hurd.  Install a cross mig first
(that's easy).  Then do something like

mkdir gnumach-build
CC=gcc ../gnumach/configure ... --build=i386-linux --host=i386-gnu

You might need to define some more variables, I don't remember which, but
you should be able to figure it out.  I know that people posted such
instructions several times, so google should be able to dig'em up for you.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de