Re: Potato to Woody dist-upgrade problems

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 11:17:23PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 07:11:09PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > xfonts-100dpi and xfonts-75dpi: are removed, but their replacement
> > package, xfonts-base,
>
> xfonts-base is in NO way a replacement for -100dpi and -75dpi.  All
> three packages continue to exist in woody.

So the question should be, if these packages were removed, why?  Only two
packages seem to conflict with xfonts-75dpi, and only one of those is at all
common (xbase-clients).

Conflicts: ... xfonts-75dpi (<< 3.3.3.1-3)

Maybe apt is making the wrong decision about whether to remove or upgrade?
Dale, you did upgrade apt by itself before running dist-upgrade, right?

apt-get install apt dpkg
apt-get dist-upgrade

Might yield better results.

--