Re: Potato to Woody dist-upgrade problems

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > My current question is: How much of this is going to be fixed in the final
> > release, and how much should I discuss in my book?
>
> Tell people to upgrade using dselect with the apt method and I bet
> things will be a lot more smooth.

What! You mean there's something that dselect can do that apt-get can't ;-)

Seriously, as many people, myself included, like the command line
simplicity of apt-get dist-upgrade, and there are other tools that seem to
get it right, it seems the better part of valor is to fix apt-get so it
works as well as possible...

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
What two word phrase entered the English language after a pilot reported
seeing nine of them near Mt. Rainier in June of 1947? (My birth month)