Re: euro conversion utility

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 11:10:31PM +0100, Gaetano Paolone wrote:
> We are playing with some C code to make
> a simple command-line euro2currency currency2euro converter.
> I will package it as soon as we are happy with
> the code :-)
> This mail just to inform you we are working on it and to
> know if someone is already working on something
> similar... but it seems not (I also asked in #debian-devel).

apt-get install units

If units misses some of this functionality maybe you should contribute
to units instead of making a new program.

For example:

$ units '1 FIM' 'euro'
        * 0.16818793
	/ 5.94573

i.e. 1 euro is 5.94573 Finnish marks. Or was because Finnish mark is
pretty much gone now as I had to hunt for them to make certain
machines, which require coins, to work :)

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w --  Ari Makela <hauva@arska.org> http://arska.org/hauva/ #

Finger hauva@laphroaig.arska.org for GPG public key.
Before you ask by email: http://arska.org/do_not_ask_by_email/