Re: Autobuilders and Hurd

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 01:43:33PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> Shouldn't there be a Hurd-i386 autobuilder? While many packages
> would not build, many would. It would also give some
> feedback to packages that "have no bugs" and ways
> they can be improved.

We had occasional autobuilding, using various methods.  For example, I wrote
an autobuilder software, turtle (at Savannah), and autobuilded many
packages.

Jeff also used turtle, and then switched to buildd.  He autobuilded a lot of
packages in the second half of 2002.

Currently, we are in the progress of switching to glibc with libio instead
stdio, and gcc 3.  As this will result in an ABI change, we will have to
replace the whole archive at once.  There are some bugs in glibc though
which prevent continuing this work.  Once we did that move, we will pick up
regular autobuilding again, but currently it does not make sense (because we
have to recompile everything for the move).

> PS. If there is one, why isn't it in buildd.d.o?

Those build logs which were done by Jeff using buildd should appear there.
If they don't, it's probably an issue with buildd or buildd.debian.org.
Build logs produced by turtle don't show up there at all.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de