Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> writes:

> It would IMHO become much easier if we would freeze packages _before_ we
> work on getting them into a releasable state - I'm currently more and more
> becoming a fan of the "freeze all packages at the same time" approach
> because then all of these problems are no longer present.

  Yes, I'm also in favour of the "good old" freeze.
  I think that we did not really think about how testing would work
  at the freeze time.

  I know I'll get flammed but we could decide to use testing for woody+1,
  i.e. when everything is thought and planned, and get back to the old
  release still right now.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>
              <jerome@marant.org>