Re: Vanishing /usr/doc symlink

>>"Santiago" == Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

 Santiago> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 Santiago> Could you please give an example of such package?
 Santiago> Does dpkg not break horribly in such case?

 >> Packages which move  /usr/doc/$package dirs to subdirs in
 >> /usr/share/doc/$package are:
 >> angband, angband-doc, c2man, cvs-buildpackage, dist, flex, gnus,
 >> kernel-package, latex2html, libcgi-perl, mailagent, make, pkg-order,
 >> psgml, vm
 >>
 >> There is no breakage in dpkg for any of these.

 Santiago> Interesting. Do you have a way to ensure that the .list
 Santiago> files at /var/lib/dpkg/info match the actual location of
 Santiago> files after such a move?  (This is the breakage I refer).

	No, these are just like any other files created by the
 postinst -- they are not managed by dpkg. (/var/lib/dpkg/info lists
 files that are managed by dpkg -- but those are not the only files
 that a package may install).

	manoj
--
 You don't have to think too hard when you talk to teachers. Salinger