Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

On 18 Jan 2002, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> Hi Adrian,

Hi Jérôme,

> > New upstream versions might be buggy or they might simply break other
> > pacakges, like e.g. the latest version of python2.1-xml that caused some
> > breakage in boot-floppies (see #127405).
>
>   As the python-xml maintainer, I think that I have the right to react
>   on this lie.
>
>   The bug submitter decided to build boot-floppies with the python2.1-xml
>   from unstable instead of the one from testing. AFAIK, boot-floppies
>   must be built against packages in testing rather that tose from
>   unstable.
>
>   This would have never happened if they had been built correctly.

first of all let me say that I don't say that this problem isn't your
fault - your package isn't in any way frozen so it's perfectly OK for you
to upload new upstream versions.

Whether boot-floppies are built with python2.1-xml from unstable or from
testing makes only a few days difference. According to [1] the new
upstream version of python2.1-xml will enter testing as soon as the arm
package is in unstable.

cu
Adrian

[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html.gz