Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

Hi ..

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 09:27:58AM -0600, Vince Mulhollon wrote:

>Because of those events, I will not do NMUs, not to anyones packages, not
>at any time.  I think other developers have similar beliefs for similar
>reasons.  I don't need any more enemies, so why bother with the "dangerous"
>task of NMUing.  I must publically compliment the people whom do NMUs as
>they
>
>What I think we need, is a policy change that dramatically loosens the
>rules about NMUs, to encourage more of them.

We had already the disussion about a second Maintainer for each package
or the most of the packages in debian.

I think, this is a good I Idea to prevent the most oft NMU's.

	Best Regards

		Jan

--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"