Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 11:49:52AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> For everyone else, they can use the publically-available tools to create
> their own apt-gettable archive.  While lowering the barriers to entry
> might give more people warm fuzzies, this is no way to protect the
> quality of the Debian distribution.

This may be true, but you also need people to do the work, and if there
aren't enough (active) people in Debian now who are willing to do the work,
then it's probably time for some new blood.  If we had all of the manpower we
needed, then we probably would not have let two years pass without a release.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>