Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 05:25:13PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> Correct NMUs are a good thing and really needed, NMUs of people who do
> e.g. not ask the maintainer whether they can do a NMU before they upload a
> NMU are a plague.

I think that unpolite NMUs are sporadic (or I hope :) I think they're
as sporadic as psycothic developers).
I never did a NMU, simply 'cause I always contacted the maintainer first with
the patch (e.g. gnucash which had some problems in the recent past) and
he always has been responsive. And I have been happy of this.
Anyway, patch tagging on BTS or NMU for me are equivalent, and I have
no need of reading my name in changelog files around...

Anyway, NMU by QA team could be more acceptable for you or others?
QA team could define a good policy of QA-NMUs and those kind of accidents
could vanish.

If we solved both this problem and MIA problem, maybe we could do a little step
towards releasing woody.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine