Re: Please don't do this (code fragment)

Craig Dickson <crdic@yahoo.com> writes:
> This is not to excuse the code in any way; it's lame. I just think that
> this discussion is focusing too much on what standards documents say,
> and not enough on what actually happens in the real world.

Who's to say that the computers (or even the compilers) of fifty years
hence won't trap signed integer overflow?  Perhaps in the long term
software quality would be higher on such systems.

One might consider -fstrict-aliasing an instructive example here.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/