Re: kernel-image-2.2.20-udma100-ext3, initrd and ext3

reopen 126889
severity 126889 wishlist
tags 126889 + patch
quit

#include <hallo.h>
Marek Andricik wrote on Fri Jan 11, 2002 um 11:05:09AM:
> I have had some HW problems with my computer which resulted in many
> hangups and long fsck each boot, so I decided to switch to ext3.  There
> were no problem except that root fs was still mounted as ext2.  Kernel

Do you know for sure? Did you trust "mount" output or /proc/mounts
content?

> is kernel-image-2.4.17-586tsc version 2.4.17-1 from the distribution.
> The loadmodules script in the initrd does not load ext3. When I added
> modprobe -k ext3 my problem was solved. I'd like to ask you if it is
> the right way how to solve the problem.

You can add ext3 to /etc/mkinitrd/modules, or change fstype to "ext3" in
/etc/fstab. Then run "dpkg-reconfigure kernel-image-2.4.17-586tsc". All
this will be easier if you use "auto" as fs type and WHEN Herbert Xu
finally applies MY PATCH submitted a while ago.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
I think my Linux is more reliable than my harddrive. The question is what
will crash first.