Re: serious bug. Evolution and Microsoft mentality.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:30:15PM +0100, Tomas Pospisek's Mail Lists wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Mark Brown wrote:

> > kmail and mutt both play happily with both the Courier and UW IMAP
> > servers.

> I'm talking about cyrus.

A while back it was more like "IMAP is crap and barely interoperable -
nothing except UW IMAP with Pine works out of the box".  That's not
quite the same thing.

> > > ... yes, the problem is namespacing and that allthough there's a standard
> > > it seems that either client (pine) or server cyrus 1.5.x from debian seem
> > > to be unable to get things straight between them.

> > That's quite probably Pine being crap.

> So following your logic IMP (which is using php-imap for imap access) is
> in that case crap as well, since it has similar problems (and all the
> other PHP apps that are using current php-imap as well).

Let's just say they're handling the situation less well than Outlook's
standard IMAP client (and indeed most other IMAP clients I've tried).
You seem to be picking bad clients :-) .