Re: serious bug. Evolution and Microsoft mentality.

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Mark Brown wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 12:59:34PM +0100, Tomas Pospisek's Mail Lists wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Mark Brown wrote:
>
> > > Most things (certainly mutt and kmail, I can't think of anything else I
> > > tried that gave me problems) interoperate quite happily with both UW
> > > IMAP and Courier IMAP.  I can't think off-hand of a client that wouldn't
> > > play with UW IMAP.
>
> > I have yet to find out how to be able to see my inbox as well as all its
> > subfolders (that's how it's set up on cyrus) from home.
>
> kmail and mutt both play happily with both the Courier and UW IMAP
> servers.

I'm talking about cyrus.

> > > - the main problem is likely to be namespacing and there's standard ways
> > > for the server to inform the client about the namespaces it uses.
>
> > ... yes, the problem is namespacing and that allthough there's a standard
> > it seems that either client (pine) or server cyrus 1.5.x from debian seem
> > to be unable to get things straight between them.
>
> That's quite probably Pine being crap.

So following your logic IMP (which is using php-imap for imap access) is
in that case crap as well, since it has similar problems (and all the
other PHP apps that are using current php-imap as well).

*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11