Re: serious bug. Evolution and Microsoft mentality.

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Mark Brown wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 02:36:01PM +0100, tpo2@sourcepole.ch wrote:
>
> > IMO IMAP is still a PITA, AFAIK the only well and out of the box
> > interoperating combination of MUA and IMAPd is pine together with
> > uw-imapd which is about as configurable as your sunglasses. With other
> > Linux combinations you'll have to go fiddling with Prefix&|View =
> > INBOX. | INBOX* | INBOX.% | INBOX etc.
>
> Most things (certainly mutt and kmail, I can't think of anything else I
> tried that gave me problems) interoperate quite happily with both UW
> IMAP and Courier IMAP.  I can't think off-hand of a client that wouldn't
> play with UW IMAP.

I have yet to find out how to be able to see my inbox as well as all its
subfolders (that's how it's set up on cyrus) from home.

> MUAs that don't interoperate happily with both could probably be
> considered buggy

no ...
> - the main problem is likely to be namespacing and there's standard ways
> for the server to inform the client about the namespaces it uses.

... yes, the problem is namespacing and that allthough there's a standard
it seems that either client (pine) or server cyrus 1.5.x from debian seem
to be unable to get things straight between them.
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11