Re: BUG: Quake2 and mailcap file (mime-support)

On Wed, 09 Jan 2002, Pete Ryland wrote:
> So is this a bug with mime-support (shouldn't have blown away mailcap when

Grave bug against mime-support IF it is the package that generates
/etc/mailcap.  It must be able to detect write errors, and avoid data loss.

> /tmp was full), quake2-data (shouldn't have filled /tmp in the first place),

quake2-data should use TMPDIR, and you (the user) should have it pointing
somewhere with enough space. quake2-data should warn you it will need space
to unpack whatever in TMPDIR.

> fault? (100M is surely enough for most things, no?)

Well, I usually have a 0.5GB /tmp because of silly software that wants to
eat up huge amounts of /tmp space for installs. Quake2-data is in that
league, apparently.

  Henrique Holschuh