Re: Do not link GNOME apps with libpng3

>> "SMR" == Steve M Robbins <steven.robbins@videotron.ca> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 04:37:17PM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:

[...]

>> See Colin's answer. Change the library soname and shlibs. This will
>> solve this bug.

> It's a reasonable transition plan.

> However, introducing a new imlib library with a new SONAME will not
> solve Bug #128377, as gnome-help-browser binary is linked with
> libgdk_imlib's current SONAME.

This bug isn't important (I downgraded the severity to
normal). gnome-help display the libpng error messagess, but he can
display png image.

> If you favour doing the libpng2 -> libpng3 transition by introducing
> new imlib packages (and SONAMES), then all packages that link with the
> current imlib package need to link with libpng2.

Then i'll rebuild gnome-help and my other packages who depends on imlib
against the new imlib. This will take 2 hours, and the problem is gone.

Christian