Re: Appropriate? mutt/mailx requires mail-transport-agent

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Craig Dickson wrote:

> > Perhaps creating a new package, eg. 'mutt-reader' with no MTA dependency,
> > could solve this problem.
>
> Would the only difference between mutt and mutt-reader be that one
> dependency? If so, then it would be better, I think, to simply change
> "Depends: mail-transport-agent" to "Recommends: mail-transport-agent"
> in the existing mutt package, and not create a new mutt-reader package.

This might cause problems some all the users that simply "apt-get install
mutt". If you have a problem with the mail-transport-agent dependency and
you know what you are doing it's pretty easy to use
/usr/share/doc/equivs/examples/mail-transport-agent.ctl to build a dummy
mta package.

> Craig

cu
Adrian