Re: Proper way for a i586-pc-linux-gnu (k6-2) to build for the same

Junichi Uekawa wrote:

Could you elaborate ?

Uninstalled pentium-builder, and debian/rules build still aborted (could not find cc?).

Tried to figure how cc could not be referenced correctly (symlinks seemed OK, but would not work when called by debian/rules build). Long story short, I removed everything associated with gcc.

Reinstalled gcc, et. al., and the build completed without any noticeable errors (though I could not tell if the k6 made it through to the compiler).

Installed the resulting .debs, and I could not detect a difference.

Andrew Hurt