Re: Some thoughts about problems within Debian

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 12:59:58PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   Do we have a list anywhere of the remaining issues holding up the
> woody freeze/release?  Some sort of well-known "release status" Web page
> would help coordination.  (we have an RC bug list, but as far as I know it
> doesn't show, eg, which bugs need to be fixed for the next stage of the
> freeze)

base.debian.net -- RC bugs which certainly shouldn't exist by now
standard.debian.net -- RC bugs which are meant to be be fixed before we move
	any further

>   I have some other ideas about what might be slowing things down, but
> I suspect that Anthony has a much clearer idea of what the problem is.
> In fact, I just realized that I don't really even know what the plans,
> goals, and checklist (if we have one) for this release are.

We nominally gave up on those a couple of releases ago. The RC bug list,
though, is the main thing.

> I know that we need to get rid of as many of the 382 release-critical
> bugs as possible, but beyond that I'm not certain at all.  Is that it?

It's a start. If it's done, I'll have few qualms about releasing. If
we've still got time and energy left to work on woody beyond that,
there are plenty more things to work on as well.

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/