Re: EURO and CENT signs in the console keymaps

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 11:12:25PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > BTW: is there any particular reason why the sequences differ between
> > > console and X?
> >
> > Yes.  XFree86 and console-{tools,data} have completely different
> > upstreams.
>
> And of course a little consistency and uniformity is too much to ask for
> in the unix world until it's mandadted by some dead-tree standard for which
> you have to pay a few hundred bucks.

Well, that need not be the case here.  All we need is a gizmo that
generates console keymaps from XKB description files, and then loads
them.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you wish to strive for peace of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    soul, then believe; if you wish to