Re: EURO and CENT signs in the console keymaps

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 11:08:48AM +0100, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

> I suppose swedish and danish keyboards are alike.

I think they are almost identical. AFAIK the only difference is that
'ä' and 'ö' have changed places on the keyboard. And, of course, the
Danes do not use 'ö' but ø but that's a little different thing.

Finnish and Swedish keyboards are identical as Finnish Linux users well
know: at least Corel and RH have had several times broken Finnish
keymaps (fi instead of the correct fi-latin1). So the Finnish users have
used the Swedish keymaps.

> standard. (AltGr+3 is £, AltGr+4 $ and AltGr+6 is apparently ¥ in X11, but I
> have never seen the later drawn on any keyboard).

<aol>me neither</aol>. I must show my ignorance: I don't know what it
is.

BTW, I'm the author of the quite bad LDP Euro Char mini howto. I wrote it
because I could not find anything better. I'll try to update it RSN as
my mini HOWTO worked in one way I excpected it to: I got some good help
and links.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w --  Ari Makela <hauva@arska.org> http://arska.org/hauva/ #

Finger hauva@laphroaig.arska.org for GPG public key.