Re: EURO and CENT signs in the console keymaps

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 04:04, Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:
> However, I tend to spend most of the year living in the Netherlands,
> which is one of the countries adopting the Euro, and there's no Euro
> symbol in the fonts used by en_AU. I don't speak Dutch, so there's not much
> point setting LANG to nl, nl_NL or whatever.  And there's no en_NL@euro. In
> fact, for English speakers, there's only en_IE@euro. Sure, the UK hasn't
> adopted the Euro, but is it inconceivable that English speakers of non-Euro
> countries might need to use the Euro symbol?

Good point.  English is one of the required languages for many EU
organizations.  Last time I looked at jobs advertised by the EPO applicants
had to know English, German, and French.  So you would expect that a good
portion of people working there would have English as their first language
and want to mainly use it for their computing work.

I'll continue using 'E' for Euro, '#' for pounds, 'Y' for Yen, and 'c' for
cents.  It was only yesterday that I discovered that the funny "C with
vertical line through it" character was supposed to represent cents...