Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to bestarted?]

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 11:09:19PM +0100, Peter Makholm wrote:
> If it is the Debian packageing of the GNU userspace I think it would
> be the only right thing to call it. You know give credit where credit
> is due.

If everything would be called 'Debian' that relies on our core stuff,
there would be a lot of it around.

Again, I have no problems with this port, or advertising it as 'Debian
for Windows' or whatever. But a true blessing as an official port with
the name 'Debian Win32' (leave deciding on 'GNU' to the FSF) should be
by [enter Debian democratic system here].

If you can convince me that there are a lot of DD's working on it and if
the majority is behind it, it's fine by me but apparently there is some
dissent on this topic...

Michael