Re: Darwin Streaming Server

Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> writes:

> The problem is Debian does not have a definition of free. It is a
> guideline only. This is something someone here pointed out to me. I
> think that Debian needs a solid definition so that there is no
> ambiguity of where what software goes. For instance, see the
> licensing problems with gnuplot. [in bugs]. And it is clear from the
> copyright of gnuplot that it should be under Other licenses.

You seem to be saying you want a rule that would require neither
thought nor judgment to apply.  Perhaps that would be a good idea if
we lacked thought and judgment.  But when that day comes, we won't
have a distributing worth crap either, since that also takes thought
and judgment.

There is no good reason to box ourselves in unnecessarily.