Re: Grub

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 08:12:24PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 03:28:48PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > besides that there is no reason at all to ever touch menu.lst for new
> > kernels, just point the menu entry at /vmlinuz or
> > /boot/vmlinuz the kernel-image package rotates the symlinks so the
> > current kernel is always the default.
>
> Evil, pure evil. Should we apply the same for LILO, hm? I really don't
> like this idea.

Why is this evil? It's the way the LILO package has always done it.
It works fine for me using GRUB too.

I don't need to be able to boot every kernel I have installed
from the menu. Only the current one, and the previous one in
case I stuffed up the configuration of a new one. Symlinks
work fine.

Hamish