apt-ftparchive and extra overrides (for Tasks)

I'm trying to set up a local Packages.gz file with correct Task: Entries
in it. I've found out that i need to user apt-ftparchive with extra
overrides instead of dpkg-scanpackages; but i can't get it to work.
Must be some mistake while calling apt-ftparchive.
my overrides.extra is like the ones on ftp.d.o; i run

apt-ftparchive -o BinDirectory::ExtraOverride=overrides.extra \
   packages binary-i386 overrides

but the lines from overrides.extra aren't added.

Can someone give me an example how to do this correctly?

Thanks.

Greetings,
Erich