Re: Default MTA and dependencies

In article <[🔎] E16005v-0004bD-00@orion.exa.homeip.net>,
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr> wrote:
>I need a MTA that can do SMTP auth to get mails to a mailhub and still not
>braindead like exim. Is there one available that isn't packaged for debian I
>wonder.

Why do you think Exim is braindead? I used to patch the Sendmail
source and write my own sendmail.cf rules to get sendmail to
do what I wanted. That's not braindead, it was causing *me*
braindamage.

Exim does all I want out of the box.

Mike.
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.