Re: learn procmail and quit whining already (was Re: Debian lists and Cc'ing people in replies in addition to the list)

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 06:20:04PM +0200, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> 3) you have the option of having a separate dupe cache for each mailing
> list:
>
> 	:0 Whc: msgid.lock
> 	| formail -D 8192 msgid.$LIST

That's what I do for instance. But I think this does not hit Lars' point.
After all you can only use procmail on mail you already received. If you get
your mail through an expensive dial-up account here in Europe this solution
won't help much. of course you can run procmail on master, make sure your
own mail is using the debian.org address as from address so the CCed mail
also goes through master and hope Jason doesn't notice. :-)

Just think what kind of workload this creates if all 642 (or whatever) of us
use this way.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes