Re: learn procmail and quit whining already (was Re: Debian lists and Cc'ing people in replies in addition to the list)

also sprach Clint Adams (on Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:31:43PM -0400):
> If I'm in the To: or Cc: fields, programs are able to easily
> discern whether or not I'm participating in a thread.  Then
> I can have procmail shunt that mail to another folder, or my
> MUA will display a flag next to those messages, I can filter
> on them, &c., &c.

there are other headers in a mail which identify you as participant of
a thread, such as References.

> I consider someone replying to a message I've written and dropping
> me from the header to be extremely annoying behavior.

well then, get this one! twice!

"it usually takes more than three weeks
 to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                                                         -- mark twain