Re: [OT] lazy maintainers

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 11:09:44AM +0200, christophe barbé wrote:
> The first one is a bad reason. We can upload in non-US (why not?) and why
> non-US people should suffer from US crazy law?

its already in non-US, the crazy US law is not allowing crypto to be
distributed to outside of US borders, that law may not be relevant but
Myth wanted to wait for the sun to go out and the lawyers decided
whether it was safe or not.

i don't know about lawyers in other countries but lawyers in the US
are slooooooow and expensive (the more slow the more money they
make).  holding your breath waiting for lawyers will likely lead to
suffocation.

also consider this, mozilla is not in woody, only M18 is
(grandfathered from potato), there are release critical bugs in
current mozilla packages.  and 0.9.3 fixes at least 40 top crasher
bugs since 0.9.1.

as it stands now woody will ship with mozilla M18.

mozilla is going to need much more then one upload every 8 monthes if
its going to make it into woody.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/