Re: Setting up an apt server/buildd

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Corrin Lakeland wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm sure this has been done by someone else, but I can't find a HOWTO
> anywhere.
>
> How do I set up an apt server? I'm pretty sure this just involves creating a
> Packages.gz file, but cat *.changes doesn't quite give the right format
> (extra PGP signatures).  Is there a fairly automated way of setting this up?

There's something called "apt-move" in the archive that sets up a
directory structure and a Packages.gz; however, it does not create a
package pool (thus you get the "old" directory structure)

> Similarly, is it possible to recompile packages in a fairly automated way.  I
> thought of the buildd or is this going to be more work than doing it manually?

buildd downloads and compiles files mostly automatically; you get logs
with the .changes appended if the build succeeded, failure reports and
questions by mail.

For details, see http://m68k.debian.org/buildd/

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be