Re: Build-deps on buggy packages.

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:40:44PM +0200, Daniel Kobras wrote:

> Makes it look a little nicer as long as only one version/revision of bar is
> affected. It doesn't prevent unnecessary builds/uploads though. And it
> doesn't really answer the question whether foo should have to care about
> packaging bugs in bar. Imagine bar == libc, shall we put Build-Conflicts:
> libc (= a.b.c) in just about any package?

As I understand it, so long as the broken version of the build-dependency isn't
released, and there is a fixed version in the archive, you shouldn't have to
declare anything.  The fixed version will eventually replace the broken one on
the autobuilders, and there's little point in declaring a conflict with a
package that will soon cease to exist.

--
 - mdz