Re: Frontdesk and a _criticism_ about DAM approval step

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Eray Ozkural wrote:

>  : Front Desk: <new-maintainer@debian.org>
>  : This person receives new application requests and passes them to
>  : appropriate Application Managers. This is "the contact of last resort"
>  : when other committee contacts fail to respond.
>  : A person from the NM-Committee is assigned this task. Currently, this is
>  : Dale Scheetz with the assistance of Jim Westveer and Martin Michlmayr.
>
> As you see here, it is said that front desk delegates applications to AMs.
> Which is why I have thought that was not the place to appeal to. I have
> already past the AM stage, and I must be thankful to my AM for he has
> responded swiftly and has made the entire process quite comfortable for me.
> The rest of the process, for which he did not have much responsibility in,
> was painful.

Well, you totally ignored the second sentance:

'This is "the contact of last resort" when other committee contacts fail
to respond.'

So, when your AM could not help and the DAM did not respond, your next
step should have been to contact me, which you have done, but only after
pushing mail into everyone else's mailbox.

By not following the process you have wasted not only a bunch of your own
time, but that of other developers as well.

I'm currently looking into the situation and will report back to you once
I know more than I do now. But, I must say that you haven't given anyone
much incentive to help. You clearly believe that you are "doing things
correctly", but your self-righteous attitude makes your position hard to
empathize with.

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-