Re: [users] Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

Hi

Steve Greenland schrieb:
> I'd bet that very few people mess much with the default runlevels, and
> I'd further bet that most who do end up with something very similar to
> the LSB proposed system.

On PCs I'm fine with the setup we have now, and IMO it's just as
easy to rename some links in rc#.d as changing initdefault in
the inittab.

Further on many systems I don't even have all the software
installed (eg a display manager) to make the LSB setup actually
work.

On notebooks I end up having runlevels for various degrees of
power- and memory saving, and am very happy with that
flexibility.

Since there are only that few runlevels, we really shouldn't fix
theyer meanings.

ciao, 2ri
--
[ On C versus C++ comment syntax ] However, try sticking to the C++ style.
That way, a C programmer glancing over your shoulder will know you've