Re: support for multilingual Packages files?

>> huh? the Description field should be in english, like all other
>> packages.

> why, if it is of no use for non-swedish speaking people?
[...]
>Though, I would prefer if maintainer put the line saying
>something like "This package (a client for swedish conferencing system
LysKOM)
>is interesting only to swedish-speaking people"
>to the description, and the rest of description can be in swedish.

What's the point of having it in Swedish? Nobody gains anything by having
one description out of 4000 in Swedish. It gives us a Package file with no
consistent character set and no consistent language. As is, few can
translate the Packages file because it uses a half-dozen different
languages.

>> also, if the package is specific to a particular service (LysKOM?)
>> then it shouldn't use a generic name like tty-client, it should be
>> lyskom-client or lyskom-tty-client.
>
>depends on upstream name, I guess...

We have a lot of Packages that were renamed from their upstream name for
clarity. lyskom-tty-client would be better than tty-client, but it's
probably a moot point now.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org