Re: [users] Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 04:55:30PM +1000, Steven Hanley wrote:

> The thing is the specifying of what runlevels do so explicitly and then having
> packaghers rely on that as opposed to relying on how the packaging system
> works still feels icky to me.

its not just icky its pure idiocy!  all it takes for it to totally
fall over on itself is me not having xdm installed!

this rubbish runlevel system only works on redhat because redhat makes
it impossible to remove xdm if you have X installed!

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/