Re: [users] Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 02:55:20PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I'd like to volunteer my services in this regard.  Where do I sign up?

Well, the first place to goto is the web page: http://www.linuxbase.org

There are a number of mailing lists, including
lsb-spec@lists.linuxbase.org and lsb-spec@lists.linuxbase.org which
you can join.

At the moment, the LSB written specification is essentially done (at
least so far as version 1.0 is concerned).  Work is still needed on
the LSB test suites, the LSB sample implementation (which is a
stripped down distribution used for testing purposes; if an
application tries to use interfaces beyond what is specified by the
LSB, then it will get noticed when the application is run on the
stripped down system), other LSB developer tools, and trying to create
a package which allows LSB-compliant applications to run on Debian.

So there's plenty of work left to be done; feel free to choose
whatever matches best with your skills and inclinations!

						- Ted