Re: Subscribing problem

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 06:41:26PM +0200, Wilmer van der Gaast wrote:
> (I'm not on the list because of this problem, could you please Cc to me?)
>
> Hello,

Hello,

If you have problems with the mailing list the recommend place to email
is listmaster@lists.debian.org.

> doesn't work.

Well, if you sent to that address that is your problem. All the documentation
does mention that you should send to:

 debian-devel-digest-REQUEST@lists.debian.org

with the word subscribe in either the subject line or the message body.

If you actually meant that you did send that, then ...

> I sent a first message one week ago, and then I did receive a
> confirming message so it should work now. But it doesn't... And later on I

... no, you actually need to respond to the confirmation message (just
like it says to). Otherwise the mailing list system will not complete
your request.

Perhaps someone decided to mass subscribe you to a number of lists, the
confirmation steps avoids you being subscribed and receiving a large
number of unwanted messages.

> tried again and subscribed from the site, but still nothing, not even a
> confirming message this time.
>
> Is there a problem at the moment?

There are no technical mailing list problems, only social ones.

Anand