Re: [users] Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 11:22:35AM +0300, Matti Airas wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 11:57:17PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> > dpkg -s
> >
> > you really should rtfm...
>
> Well, thank you for suggesting so kindly. The '-s' switch does exactly
> what I want, but the manual page didn't even slightly hint of it.

huh thats funny:

$ man dpkg
[...]
       dpkg -s | --status package-name ...
              Report  status of specified package. This just dis-
              plays the entry in  the  installed  package  status
              database.

Debian Project            April 12, 1998                        4

> > since when did we give a damn about commercial environments?
>
> Since the time we began working within them, and since the time we
> wanted to maximise the value of the skillset we have invested our
> precious time in. Someday you will as well.

i think not.

> I never read a single word anywhere stating that Debian would be
> anti-commercial.

there is also nothing saying we will do retarded things like switch to
inferior technology so as to give corporates warm fuzzies.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/