(sort of) python policy

Hi,

I'm currently a bit unsure about where to put .py files -- according to
Contents-i386.gz on auric they seem to belong into the site-packages
directory, at least all of them are installed there except for
python{,2}-base and a few others[1]. If we were to follow the perl
people on that issue, it would be wrong however, since site-packages is
reserved for user-installed packages. I'd like to have some opinions on
this.

Also, the following packages have compiled python files in them (which
should not be IMO, the package should rather call compileall.py in the
postinst): doc-central, luci, moodss, python-mysqldb, jaxml, pyogg,
python2-mysqldb, zope-mysqlda, zope-pygresqlda, serpento, pysol.

   Simon

[1] dpkg-python, reportbug and python-pcgi in /usr/lib/site-python

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: DC26 EB8D 1F35 4F44 2934  7583 DBB6 F98D 9198 3292