Re: Seeking Debian contact

Ken,

I would be glad to talk with you about Debian and point you to resources
for areas where I don't have an appropriate level of knowledge.  I run
Debian in production on Netfinity x330s and x340s at my employer (despite
the derisive comments by my local IBM sales team about not running
RedHat).  I have experience packaging some of your utilities (such as the
ServeRAID RaidManager) for Debian.  Lately, I've been working on a package
for JFS and ibmasm-src (the device driver for the service processor
cards), and spent some time dissecting the RedHat 2.4.2 kernel source to
get the ServeRAID driver patches that seemed to be available only there
(moot since the release of 2.4.5).

Uh, so if you can't tell, I'm excited by the prospect of IBM at least
recognizing that Debian's out there and am looking forward to hearing from
you.

tony mancill
<tmancill@debian.org>

  tony@mancill.com         |   There is unrest in the forest
http://www.debian.org      |   There is trouble with the trees
                           |   For the Maples want more sunlight
                 (Peart ->)|   And the Oaks ignore their pleas