Re: upstream supports debian: wtf?

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 04:09:11PM +0200, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> 1) it is not so clear when native packages should be used instead of the
>    standard plain ones

Native packages are quite rare. If the software is distributed normally
as a .tar.gz (usually by someone else, perhaps by you), then you should
use a non-native package, which consists of the original .tar.gz
(renamed to package_upstreamversion.orig.tar.gz) and the .diff.gz and
.dsc.

> 2) whether or not debian/ directory should/can/shouldn't be added upstream

Up to you. I'd prefer not. Makes things harder to maintain.

Hamish