No original download site for documentation

Hi,

I'm currently working on python-imaging 1.1.2.

Current problem is that the documentation is only available from the
PythonWorks webserver, so for python-imaging 1.1.1, it was retrieved via a
special rule in debian/rules. For the current version, this no longer
works as the documentation on the webserver shares the same layout as the
rest of the pages - a site navigation bar at the left and the "latest
announcements" at the right. I have asked the PythonWorks people whether
they could make a tgz of the documentation in lynxible HTML available
somewhere and Fredrik Lundh, the main author, sent me a zipfile.

My approach would be to create a separate source package for
python-imaging-doc, where the .orig.tar.gz would be the zipfile
repacked. I'm a bit hesitant to do so because these files are not
downloadable somewhere and basically we would have to ask again for each
release.

Is this acceptable or should I ask upstream for a download URL again?

   Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: DC26 EB8D 1F35 4F44 2934  7583 DBB6 F98D 9198 3292