Re: Autoconf 2.50

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 11:35:00PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 09:48:25PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> [...]
> > > Bottom line: CVS is for human-generated files ONLY.
> >
> > Interesting, i'll tell Autoconf and Automake developers they are wrong
> > and should better not include those generated files in their CVS trees.
>
> Sorry to reply to myself, i just found that CVS also do include
> generated files in their CVS repository.

Denis: precisely what point are you trying to make?

Someone asked about generated files in CVS.  I gave my opinion, based
on my experience.  I don't understand why you appear surprised that my
advice is not universally followed.

I even gave some reasons supporting my decision.  You can read them
and make up your own mind.  Or you can appeal to the authority of the
automake developers.  I don't care which you do.  However, I don't
think you need to post twice in one day to debian-devel about it.

Regards,
-Steve

--
by Rocket to the Moon,