Re: debian lists on usenet?

> Previously Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > I noticed on google that debian.* newsgroups exist, into which the
> > mailingslists seem to be replicated. Is there a debian machine somewhere
> > that I can pull those groups from?
>
> I notice that news.debian.net still resolves to something, not sure
> if it's still maintained. I think Marco d'Itri also maintains a
> gateway.

I regularly read debian-devel from the usenet, there is a oneway gateway
anywhere. From time to time this link is down.

Posting is a little bit difficult since replying in the news groups
doesn't get relayed to the mailing list, you have to send an e-mail to
the mailing list. This inconvenience is fine for me as long as it keeps
the signal-to-noise ratio high.

O. Wyss

PS. Is there a possibility to just "register" (get known) to the mailing
list? So far everyone can anyone can send mails to a list but this might
be changed in the future. Where is the right place to discuss this
topic?