Re: ITP: squeak-vm, squeak-image, squeak-sources -- A highly portable Smaltalk system

> You omitted the first letter of the quote: "W".  It reads "Where the
> Licensee is located in the province of Quebec, Canada, ..."

So it excludes Quebecers. So it is not free.

> I presume the Apple lawyers figure it is necessary for the license
> to be enforceable here.  They could be right.  We are blessed with
> some weird laws, here.

They could simply translate it. They have enough money for it.

I don't think that "Loi 101" is weird. But that is another thread.

> In any case, the fact that the license is written in English (as is
> the GNU GPL), has zero to do with what language you speak when you use
> the program.

True. But if some non-english Quebec who only speak french refuses in
good conscience to accept that clause, he won't be even granted the
use of the program.

> I don't have one to check, but I wouldn't be suprised to see it on
> a Microsoft license written in English.

All the Microsoft licenses are translated in French.

Wolfgang